Making a 4mm Radio Control Truck Pt5

IMG_9134LR

I did some tests with the truck on mains power and found that there could be a problem with traction. I did some experiments with elastic bands wrapped around the tyres and this really increased the traction, so I have decided to have a go at making some tyres out of silicon rubber using an alginate mould. I was quite excited about this until I realised that the rubber isn’t black!!! I decided to go ahead with the moulding anyway… annoying!

2013-10-20 13.42.48LR

2013-10-20 13.52.39LR
I also tried translating the instructions using Google translate, which made me feel a bit more confident in approaching the wiring. I was very confused about which wires to solder the capacitor on to. Based on images from one of the German forums I eventually soldered the capacitor across both the black and red wires on the motor (I’m far from an electrics wiz).
Finally, I cut away some of the flooring and fitted the servo, and the on/off switch.

2013-10-20 19.42.33LR

2013-10-20 19.43.03LR

Here is a video of the cars first trial run on mains power (with no steering).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s