The Easter holiday was very productive as I have managed to get my radio control pick-up truck working. Here is a video of its first test run:
There was a few challenges. The first was trying to get the radio controller to communicate with the pick-up truck. The next challenge was a cog slipping in the servo. I also rebuilt the steering pivot as it kept slipping off at full lock.
All the electronics are hidden underneath the blue tarpaulin (which is made of tissue and PVA glue).
The charge seems to last quite some time. It also charges back up in about 15-20 minutes.
I am very pleased with this little pick-up truck and I am looking forward to building another one. Maybe I will build something for the brewery next time around.